J2ME Yahoo Messenger Client SDK Installation Manual
Download and install the following software before attempting to use the J2ME Yahoo Messenger Client SDK in the order specified as below.
- Java SE Development Kit (JDK) 5.0 http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
- NetBeans IDE 5.5.1 http://www.netbeans.info/downloads/start.php
- NetBeans Mobility Pack for CLDC 5.5.1 http://www.netbeans.org/products/mobility/
* Note: Before you run the project make sure you have internet connectivity as you have to connect to YMSG server to use the Mobile IM Client via the device Emulator.
Deployment and execution
- Download ymsgr_j2me_sdk.zip
- Launch the NetBeans IDE 5.5 and go to File and select Open Project.
- Locate the folder where you unzip the source code from the Open Project browse window and select it.
- Click on open project button in the Open Project browe window.
- Right Click on the project icon in the project explorer window in IDE.
- Select Run Project. This executes the project and invokes the emulator.
(This project originated as a master research project under my advise. Please email email@example.com if you would like to use this commercially. Otherwise, enjoy the SDK and have fun!)