CS 151 Object Oriented Programming
Write an Java application that simulates the operation of a technical library.
The library has to support the following:
- Searching for library materials (books, videos, and technical journals).
- Lending of library materials
- Users will enter their company ids in order to use the system, and they
will enter material ID# when checking out and returning items.
- Each borrower can be lent up to five items.
- Each type of library item can be lent for a different period of time (book
4 weeks, journals 2 weeks, video 1 week).
- If returned after their due date, the library user's organization will be
charged a fine, based on the type of item (books $1/day, journals $3/day,
- Materials will be lent to employees with no overdue lendables, fewer than
five articles out, and total fines less then $100.
You must provide an menu to
- Search library materials
- Check out library materials
- Return library materials
- Display all materials currently in the library
- Display all materials currently lent out of the library
- Display a list of current users
- Display a list of materials borrowed by a user
- (If the menu is displayed using a nice SWING presentation, up to 50 points
of credit will be awarded.)
Design and develop all the necessary classes for this simulation program. You
need to write a test drive program that will
- Read in an initial set of data for users and library materials (define
your own format)
- Provide the menu describes above for simulation
You might come up with a list of classes (as sample) to implement like the
following (Librarian, Lendable, Book, Video, Journal, Date, Borrower, User and
Library) This program is relatively long, so, START early!