The system should address the following requirements:
- Every sales site maintains its own sales
- Every sales site updates its database
periodically which includes item name, item ID,
income and return.
- The headquarters can get information of each
sales site via internet. This is similar to
visiting a personal homepage.
- Security issues should be adequately addressed;
password protection must be provided as necessary
- The headquarters conveys its decisions and orders
to the sales sites through email, fax or other
- Each sales site must have its own web server
Each sales site implementation should satisfy the
- The on-site subsystem should be implemented using
- If there is any submited transaction in database,
the corrsponding area in web browser should be
- Interface to database should be implemented using
Java/JDBC or C or C++.
- Server program should be a multi-threaded
application. Create a thread for each connection
with the server.
- Interface to the Cashier should be implemented
using Java or C or C++.
- Interface to customer serices must be able to
- Please check Wal-Mart
online to get some ideas on how to design
sale sites interface. In this project, real time
sale's information and goods in stock information
should be included.
- Please check Gamelan
Programming in Java & Database to learn
how to design interface for DBA.
- Please check here
to know how to design multi-thread socket
- Generally, please check Gamelan's
Programming in Java to get some sample codes.
Each headquarter side should include:
- The requirement is very similar to sales site.
- Decision making module is used to make decision
on what kind of items and how many items should
be ordered and what kind of items should be put
- Sale's information report.
- Real-time goods in stock display.
In this system, at least two sales sites and one
headquarters should be implemented.