Project and Presentation Grading Guide
Please read all the information on this page CAREFULLY.
If you do well in the project, you will do well in the class. This is true
for people trying to get an A or trying to get a C-. So, work hard and have
fun with it. The total points of the final project is 250 and the project presentation
is 100. Thus, by doing well in the project ... you can have 250 + 100 = 350
General Project Grading
If you implement all the basic functions under our project description, you
will have a maximum of 200 points. Points will be taken off when something does
Notes to Remember
- Read the project description over and over again and make sure you understand
it. If you "get around" a certain feature in the project, document
- Provide a quick checklist (not essay) for grading. List all the functions
implemented (Basic or Extra).
- Provide at least 10 DETAILED test cases for me to run.
- Document everything you DO. Basic functions or extra functions. Without
documentation in the requirement document, design document, and a check list,
I might not able to spot all the functions implemented.
- Write only what is needed. I need a project, not a yellow page phone book
.. use double size printing, better fonts, bind it, etc.
- Test you code really really well and AVOID fatal mistake. In other words,
if you have a bug that will hang the whole system ... fix it before you hand
- Do not put it stuffs that DOES NOT work. If it does not work, cut it out
so it will not affect other features.
- MAKE SURE YOUR PROJECT IS GRADE-ABLE ... otherwise, what can I do ?
- Remember to handin the requirement and design documents again (use double
size and better fonts, otherwise, points off :(
- All documentations should be in hard as well as soft copy
- By the way, I will keep all the projects for audit purpose (so, they will
not be return)
- Style is free but group relatively grading will be used (so, which ever
group looks the coolest will be awarded the most points in this catalog)
- Show you architecture and design
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of your implementation
- Compared the difference with other people (you could guess)
- Show the cool extra features if there is any
- Discuss your design and implementation issues if any
- Put other interesting stuffs you could think of
- For the actual presentation, handin a soft copy as well as hard copy to
As I mentioned in the beginning of the class, this is a tough class with relatively
easy grading. For people looking for an A, work hard and get to the 90% mark.
For people in the bottom of the scale, work hard and get out of it ! I only
like giving A but not anything below C- ... YOU control your own grade ! ...
And yes, the midterm grade looks ugly, so project will be a good chance to catch